Indexing of The Ringing World

Alan Ellis alan_ellis at xzXZzWW3gN8Dk3OIVZrn3Qqjkrigh2D6uucaJMITvg9F5aw7e6qs9TwTHp_6M9DVkzgX5YKVkkYhZw.yahoo.invalid
Sun Aug 10 00:25:13 BST 2008

Does anyone know whether or not an individual has been appointed to
index the RW since the resignation of Rowena Gay?   Rowena has done a
great job and we are all indebted to her for her efforts.

The RW reaches its centennial in 2011, after which I intend to once
again publish an index for The Ringing World from 1911 to 2010.

If no one is going to do the indexing for 2008/9/10 then such a volume
will not be complete which will be a great pity.

Merging the indexes from year to year to make a single index keeps me
busy enough so there is no way that I can index each issue of the RW as
well as the merging.  Merging 2007 into the 1911- 2006 index is still
not complete although it is nearly there.

After that, I plan to merge in the numerous other indexes, in addition
to Cyril Wratten's index for the 1911-1992 period, between 1942 and
1992, several of which were ever indexed.

Rowena was employed by the RW to do this but if they are unable to
obtain someone, what would be the chance that the CCCBR could get involved?

Perhaps the RW management team have appointed someone and we do not know
that, so all this could be for naught.

What are your thoughts on this subject?

Best wishes

Alan Ellis