[Bell Historians] 16th and 17th century tuning

David Bryant davidbryant at 1DRohTg9lVbfIhevbnJbyLwRQw9oTuNhny2OLc0BSfkHsReB8zggixn0TDetCF1YzVcfzti09E9WSemUo6TmtBE.yahoo.invalid
Mon Aug 18 09:49:00 BST 2008

"Why has the obvious question not been asked, Were the pre tuning figureskept (noted in a tuning book or otherwise)?RodAbsolutely positive - I remember Bill Hughes telling me that he tunedthem personally. Not sure why they weren't weighed at the time though."

Rod's question was whether the old figures had been recorded - he wasn't disputing that they had been tuned!!