[Bell Historians] Fwd: St.Edward's, Leek, chiming machine

Ted Steele ted.steele at KlyiI-nzH9EaIkJchc4OCJ2DxJ9VWI9GkJJsGD9NfyULnz65RWIO5RvGCyAJUdzqR7IpJ6R8Lvnmyg.yahoo.invalid
Fri Aug 29 11:51:42 BST 2008

Enquiry about chiming machines.

There is a chiming machine at Darfield, South Yorkshire. I only saw it
once, earlier this year. A local ringer told me it had been restored but
it may have been with local labour and knowledge, I can't recall
exactly. My memory is of a machine with drums that are turned by a
handle. Movable pins on the drums operate wire linkage to the chiming
hammers. The whole thing is about the size of an average tower clock
mechanism. Does anyone know of this machine and whether it is of a type
similar to that at Leek? If so then it may be of value for the enquirer
to contact the local tower contact for info. on the restoration.

Ted