[Bell Historians] GSM Cambridge and stretch tuning

Richard Offen richard.offen at SDUeMI6iYz5sQO-L7CqWnPl2TryG6ndIS-F20rzQfj5LJi4dQ3lMQVIFXunK2iUA_-LDjx0gGCyT6Udb96zbg0aS.yahoo.invalid
Mon Dec 8 13:17:07 GMT 2008

Like a sore thumb!

  _____

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Sam Austin
Sent: Monday, 8 December 2008 10:16 PM
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] GSM Cambridge and stretch tuning

Some people find the trebles (particularly on 12)  are masked by the their
octave equivalent bell when amongst them, if they are sharper they do stand
out.

Aye

Sam

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 11:47 AM, David Bryant <David.Bryant@
<mailto:David.Bryant at qMGDirFJWZA60EChwiFcpyXsaGij7Cl11kvkvjHYGeknJLR06PMjhGC_DbwZeXhD-tiUJ8t8TEp9tH0lqC61.yahoo.invalid> ywt.org.uk> wrote:

"I usually loose the trebles at Peterborough when they get

amoung the back bells. whether this is beacause of the tuning or the

acoustics is another matter."

It's the acoustics - nothing to do with the tuning; they are actually a very
good 12. I rang a peal there a few years ago, and as you say the trebles
disappear in certain changes.

4:56 PM