[Bell Historians] Ludlow

Mike Chester mike at Yiaj5NtiZoqBujvHR4P3CrKaD7JThyozl5ZgsfpVHtZRMlE7W7VlFtKYGOVxIK15HgJ_y78P7kX-1UKYxlDj_9FJWwFw.yahoo.invalid
Mon Dec 29 17:28:19 GMT 2008

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Sue Marsden" <erincaters at ...>
wrote:
> Is this this tower which has/had a glass panel in the floor by which
> you could see the organ below? It was said that when the bells were
> ringing the tower sway made the organ appear to move around the base
> of the tower. This may be a local legend though!

The bell hatch in the middle of the rope circle has glass panels in it,
through which you can clearly see into the church. When I rang there
one local ringer put a ringing mat over the bit of glass nearest to her
as she said the view put her of her ringing!

Mike