RW Binding

Richard Offen richard.offen at sQeenaye3Jy7sWzxkMvDJsn0KnezjBSgbD6PicLQMMZWYdyrEcyXNBWR8Zlt4M6O1W4ALwSKIhtmuz5H2UkAFBfS7OfY.yahoo.invalid
Tue Feb 5 12:15:09 GMT 2008

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "John Baldwin" <Dovemaster at ...>
wrote:

> We have heard - with great disappointment - that our source for
> binding the RW each year has dried up: the university here in Cardiff
> has decided to close its bindery.
>
> So, this is a request please.  If you are a person who arranges for
> RWs to be bound each year, please will you let me know (probably
> off-list, and I will provide a resume of responses should others be
> interested in the results) where your binding is done, and also how
> much it costs per annual volume.
>
> Also if you happen to know that your bookbinder needs some very
> competent help, the university has made the staff redundant and I know
> of at least one who is seeking another job.

On the recommendation of Phil Gay, I have been using Bookbinding Direct
for a number of years.   Not only are they very good at binding things
like Ringing Worlds, they are also extremely competent and highly
regarded book conservators.

They have done a number of of superb book restorations for me,
including a masterly repair to the spine of my most treasured book,
Stahlschmidt's Church Bells of Kent.

Richard