[Bell Historians] Christopher Dalton tributes

Bickerton, Roderic (SELEX GALILEO, UK) roderic.bickerton at sWVYPFTw6uF1AHY25AlGOfUczVq8kQqpR_q2j4WD5StvXlLHHWp70nWW5N3iLZ7V2We1yR3zk7Hva0Fgf1C9E2YZ2cJfoCo.yahoo.invalid
Tue Feb 5 14:00:23 GMT 2008

I have tower grabbed with many of ringings characters over the last 40
years & with CJD on a dozen or so occasions.  although I never got any
way close he left more of a lasting impression than almost any other.  I
have been more saddened by this news than I can explain, despite knowing
the problem.

A vivid memory is of a wind swept winter day outside a bleak church
containing  semi derelict 3 and Susan sitting in the car. I must not say
what Chris said to GDA, but it summed up the situation and made the seen
for ever memorable.

I wonder if the proposal for a ring at Ullingswick could be revived?
I think Chris would like that.

SELEX Sensors and Airborne Systems Limited
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14 3EL
A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132