[Bell Historians] Christopher Dalton tributes

colin at u-hjH5v0l7UdFqobiJWrgqiBCi_pLme48Mu8auGka276yhsI9U2RB-701QS9fmZQLULdn6xW6MM33g.yahoo.invalid colin at u-hjH5v0l7UdFqobiJWrgqiBCi_pLme48Mu8auGka276yhsI9U2RB-701QS9fmZQLULdn6xW6MM33g.yahoo.invalid
Tue Feb 5 13:51:35 GMT 2008

Sad news indeed, I would like to add my favourite anecdote.

It happened at a tower where the bells were normally sounded by hammers.
As soon as we had raised the bells a local came rushing into the church.
"Stop it, stop it" he cried "you are messing about, you aren't ringing the
bells properly." CJND immediately responded "My man, we are not messing
about, this is the way they ring the bells at St. Paul's Cathedral."

CMT