[Bell Historians] Schoneberg bell

Ingrid Nyeboe printmeans at z7s48YwnNIQDkiPvDBvPq3Zehbil5l4-LdAxLdudvvaMJeUkzdvKh5PDKNf4wPVDtCuch_fLUygoEWAO.yahoo.invalid
Sat Feb 23 18:19:05 GMT 2008

Dear George Dawson,
Could you kindly send me information on how and where to get a copy of the book, mentioned below, "The Freedom Bell of Berlin"?

In Jill Johnston's "ENGLAND's CHILD: The Carillon and the Casting of Big Bells" there's a spread of photos of that bell.

Thanks,

Ingrid Nyeboe

To: bellhistorians at 4KbDxonx6mK03Zz1yMWFUDJE6aP-2C2evXBkbUDJr6YZj4Ff5pRMSvEu9PFfHLn1xWGEftEIaoZMyTd0qxsjC2IVVSKgrIDEtUs.yahoo.invalid: george at 2thWy8Vm7R9tq5yWl29EyxEV-SMFFEHpoomBj-K-JVMT9zR8QyOcVwaRdKKr7wn2lpO0Ddc3Mjgq3NJ5XU55AdIoS_I_l_Yfzbe0.yahoo.invalid: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 16:25:58 +0000Subject: [Bell Historians] Schoneberg bell

 The Schonefeld book “The Freedom Bell in Berlin” (ISBN 3 89773 023 5) p. 25, 27 says the tuning was done by Mr Michael Howard over 3 days & over a ton of metal was removed.
“Mr Howard arranged for a camp bed on site and did not leave the premises until the tuning was complete”

GAD