[Bell Historians] THE BELL NEWS INDEX CD

Andrew Bull a_m_bull at xSGbYkM7Gr2GzCNGC2mLUTLf0wGy9gcDD3y1fZB0u8V4El_rVgrkv-7cjQS9_kUsJzGUcuTyc8-TCoBOJom4.yahoo.invalid
Sun Feb 24 00:01:59 GMT 2008

You may have a point here, David, but the DwebPro program uses the web
browser via TCP/IP, and the IP addresses used by the program are in the
range defined for use with private networks. The web browser should not look
out at the internet for an IP address in this range - it would be the same
as using a web browser to view a JPEG or GIF graphic file on the hard disk,
for example. The message that Alan gets is "The connection was refused when
attempting to contact 127.0.0.1:7925", which suggests to me that some form
of security program is preventing the web browser from accessing the Bell
News content. Alternatively it could be a virus, or one of the many
quirks/bugs/corruption issues that still dogs Windows.

Andrew Bull

  _____