[Bell Historians] Metal prices

Richard Offen richard.offen at S3i-tD5reuSmwrsuWNX8FAFeMft-3xkdNCe13Gf8o8k5tIoqz47xtvfKR6hmJxVGIbq73qAfI6UvKK21Qoac5g.yahoo.invalid
Thu Feb 28 23:51:39 GMT 2008

>   I can think of one church where the listed sanctus bell is sitting
on a window cill in the ground floor ringing room...

>   Chris Povey

I can think of one relatively remote church in the South-East of
England where a bell, getting on for half a ton in weight, hangs from a
single shackle under a little wooden shelter in the churchyard.   Why
this particular bell hasn't been stolen in past has always remained a
mystery to me.   All past attempts to persuade the church authorities
to put the bell in a more secure position have met with failure!

Richard