[Bell Historians] Metal prices

john john.ketteringham27 at RCin6-AMn1OCqjPD2I4qJNF9VXXsk5rAKbAkJ_yBuZ7bx5CqYim7P4GCS9lyN93ZlVlpqwBl2gzLyGdymMuyPpRuTPNKQQ.yahoo.invalid
Fri Feb 29 09:04:31 GMT 2008

Andrew - A replacement bell was hung in Goltho church in connection with the filming of Moll Flanders.   This is a very remote church and the bell was stolen about three years ago.    The thieves went to some trouble to steal this bell which weighed about 1 cwt.   A replacement ex-Air Ministry bell has been hung but in such a way as to make it is difficult as possible to remove.   I seem to remember someone saying how unsafe many of these single bells are.   I remember one bell hung over a church porch which could fall at any time but this church is in private ownership and although the danger has been reported to the owners nothing has been done.