[Bell Historians] Selly Oak

Paul Marshall paul&jean at gMZmChW4MykXYMS5i2ypxmrKyaEpmox5OeceXehcjER6mFFs6lV9c5CGLCOi-cw3sTXOc_X_fCD8oBsH8FtVK7GJmhmCkGA.yahoo.invalid
Sat Jan 5 11:07:54 GMT 2008

Selly Oak was in Worcestershire until 1911 when, as part of the Northfield
parish, it was incorporated into the City of Birmingham under the Birmingham
Extension Act.

Paul

  _____

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Mike Chester
Sent: 04 January 2008 14:26
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bell Historians] Selly Oak

The tower captain at Selly Oak is insistent that the town was in
Warwickshire for a short period before being absorbed into Birmingham.
Chris Pickford tells me that he has no knowledge of this (and he should
know!).

I am updating my Church Bells of Warwickshire website and have come to
S! Can anyone give me the definitive answer? I have search on the
internet and can find many references to Selly Oak and Warwickshire on
the same page, but none that state it was in Warwickshire.

Thanks

Mike