[Bell Historians] Cornhill / CofE Accountability

Anne Willis zen16073 at N3DHMhAwS8Y4puBxmuiMFUfoLiZbVTgCyG3Vp96Jdci9h9OuAYHjVQgar0_yAy_B9Q3QEFaBClEZxXE.yahoo.invalid
Tue Jan 8 11:27:17 GMT 2008

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of David Bryant
Sent: 07 January 2008 21:56
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bell Historians] Cornhill / CofE Accountability

.... modern secular planning control procedures are transparent ....

No, they are not.  You try and get the names of those who have objected to a
planning application, so you can talk the matter over with them before the
matter goes to the local Planning Committees.  You can't.  Then you are at
the mercy of the personal tastes of members of the committee.  The trouble
we had getting the dormer windows we wanted was unbelievable; despite other
houses in the area having dormer windows, 'velux' windows were considered
'more appropriate' (and I am talking of a late 50's estate, not a
conservation area).  Finally the committee refused to consider computer
simulations of the site.

Planning Committees, bah, humbug.

Anne