[Bell Historians] Cornhill / CofE Accountability

Richard Offen richard.offen at PcvwszKVJhrl6b8kkIFhuQEVYWjP3v-WaqXc7aRrgNMxCrHeNV62Wz93zB0FmMs9XpHQuol7uP1FdHHK8GY7zQ.yahoo.invalid
Tue Jan 8 14:12:00 GMT 2008

> .... modern secular planning control procedures are transparent ....
>

> No, they are not.  You try and get the names of those who have
objected to a
> planning application, so you can talk the matter over with them
before the
> matter goes to the local Planning Committees.  You can't.  Then you
are at
> the mercy of the personal tastes of members of the committee.  The
trouble
> we had getting the dormer windows we wanted was unbelievable;
despite other
> houses in the area having dormer windows, 'velux' windows were
considered
> 'more appropriate' (and I am talking of a late 50's estate, not a
> conservation area).  Finally the committee refused to consider
computer
> simulations of the site.
>
> Planning Committees, bah, humbug.
>
> Anne

Exactly my experience too.

I was told that the information about objectors to a planning scheme
I was party to would be kept confidential to prevent "witch hunts"!