Boston Old North Church

Laura Dickerson lauradi at R35fnHYnrg1bQ42-7Bvdl0GBIOxWBrH6Mjz75yIFeT55gNY5d8Zvt4qMqg8oiXihSqg3KSWgQ-7Q00Ea.yahoo.invalid
Sat Jul 5 22:09:45 BST 2008

    The ringers on the 1750 contract (we presume they were all
teenagers.  Paul Revere was 15 then) were
Paul Revere
John Dyer (we think.  His signature is hard to read)
Josiah Stagg
Bartholomew Ballard
Jonathan Law  (Lord?  Laud?  Loud?  More handwriting confusion.)
Jonathan Brown junior
Joseph Snelling

 The list of people who owned pews at Old North during that general time
period include those with the surnames Ballard and Brown, but not anyone
with an exact name from this list - possible relatives, I'd guess,
although maybe not, as they're common surnames.
Revere was definitely a Freemason in his later years.  There was a
reference in the source notes for the book "Paul Revere's Ride" by David
Hackett Fischer that led me to believe that one or two of the other guys
were as well, but the inquiry I sent to the historian at the Grand Lodge
in Boston has come up empty so far.   They would have been a little old
to be foot soldiers during the Revolution, so I haven't
tried to search enlistment rolls or anything like that.
Laura Dickerson