[Bell Historians] From Essex to New Hampshire.

Hayden Charles hcharles at gRcAk5Dcr9RruQTlB23xtlRotDZf6PMDEsWCkLT9APshR2h-JQpy7ApUapMq9fMBBdCw2CWlMU2ZqzHRKR0FjQ.yahoo.invalid
Wed Jul 9 22:19:46 BST 2008

Ted Steele wrote on 09/07/2008 21:33:
> I was browsing on the photographic website, "flickr" and came across
> these pictures which may be of interest. I expect the bells to be well
> known amongst historians but I was surprised to find that East Bergholt
> is not the only church with a wooden bell cage in the churchyard.
> Admittedly the one at Wrabness, Essex contains only one bell but it
> makes me wonder whether there may be still further examples of such
> cages. Does anyone on the list know?

Woodrising, Norfolk. So far as I recall two bells there still but pits
for three. The tower fell down in the C18.

Picture of bell cage:
<http://www.norfolkchurches.co.uk/woodrising/images/dscf4659.jpg>

Other pictures of church and tower:
<http://www.norfolkchurches.co.uk/woodrising/woodrising.htm>