[Bell Historians] Jefferies & Price

David Bryant davidbryant at 8hk7hXc_U0tufuU1yyjjGi5hm0dDxdSfmhiHCtYxDv09FfuiQrrH_ULg0kGooi-yQo8umj2zm-iqMAjxjrn6sdL_.yahoo.invalid
Sat Jul 19 12:52:36 BST 2008

"You should have a ring at Kingsdown in Bristol - a 20 cwt octave by
William Jefferies. A very interesting ring, with frame and fittings by
Llewellins & James, 1905."

Yes, they are interesting - not bad sounding although the trebles are out of
tune. They are in a cast iron lowside frame, with timber headstocks - the
canons are off all 8. When I was down that way earlier in the year Philip
Pratt (who looks after the bells) kindly asked me into a quarter there, and
I had a look at the bells afterwards - I think I have some photos if anyone
is interested.