A request for help from the US ...

John Baldwin Dovemaster at LUYaaQuvS-tx3frUcO43zFC3PtespRxRvdXo96P24RkojbffIqBvXVsh72AQ-UJ-_ruldcx7jR8bhZPUgxh660U.yahoo.invalid
Sat Jul 19 19:25:38 BST 2008

Would someone like to give an authoritative answer to this questioner,
please?

In anticipation, thanks.

John Baldwin

-----Original Message-----
From: (The Rev.) Ellen Brauza [mailto:godmom1 at NWNt_VInCxZLNjzP5lPHUpnI4x9T4LFBiE9qZ68Lkf8Am4LLxTH6XDJRP2db3p2i7vV0nEqeOO5XDRI.yahoo.invalid]
Sent: 19 July 2008 19:09
To: dovemaster at xLljRCk2koqsnus4wjMEkLQgHUvKfN1P_6ztBcl8Oh1LeS9_2II9zL0eHsS3piJjvIeK9V41tCM5UfNjpRrpcQlqHQ.yahoo.invalid; godmom1 at NWNt_VInCxZLNjzP5lPHUpnI4x9T4LFBiE9qZ68Lkf8Am4LLxTH6XDJRP2db3p2i7vV0nEqeOO5XDRI.yahoo.invalid
Subject: Dove Web Contact: Teaching my ringers

I am the vicar of a little village church in the United States.  We
have only one bell, so change ringing, delightful as it is, isn't
possible for us.  But I want to teach my ringers to ring for funerals
in an appropriate and proper manner.  What, please, is meant by a
"tailor" or "teller" stroke?  Is this the same as tolling?  We are
Anglicans, and so propriety matters -- and I would be most grateful
for any information you could give.  Thank you.