[Bell Historians] chiming

Richard Offen richard.offen at R-wCklknwpV-4ViuHFWxeEKLhYPSd6JtXhaVcS8UhwFSWkEyH-8QaHIprFIbolcDJuv0J3W-xxva_RsnAHlij0Qi3Uo.yahoo.invalid
Wed Jul 23 04:02:37 BST 2008

Thanks for calling me 'stark raving bonkers' Alan.

'PC' means 'it wasn't like that when I was a lad'.  I suppose that bell

historians is not the list on which to expect anything other than

19th-Century attitudes.  As Don Morrison said recently, on

ringing-theory (in an entirely different context), 'we suffer the

consequences of our own conservatism'.

My last word on the subject!  Promise.  (Unless I get really enraged.)

John Camp.

I’m bored with this too, please can we have a new topic to get steamed up
about?

Richard

Checked by AVG.
4:05 PM