Fw: [Bell Historians] Metal Prices

Richard Offen richard.offen at ar7xnAxDXmBSQkeg98MVoV6kDeqQ2rAVoPWNMfxIf6A59DdZ1Nv8INhrG87DvHutB0QtRcK844j6z6i6q9Us_g.yahoo.invalid
Sat Mar 1 23:25:13 GMT 2008

> Yes, Richard is quite correct. It was a time of intense
reorganization and he will doubtless remember the yard being cumbered
up with the bells from St Magnus, Southwark HT, "Botolph St Morley"
as well as the temporary residence of the Maddermarket bells and the
even shorter one of the eights from Camberwell St George (a good
Dobson eight, whose destruction WAH also detested doing), the Shaw
eight from Bradford (interesting, but not as good as his handbells!),
and that lovely G&J chime of 1952, from Bognor, which ended up in
Africa somewhere.

> Then, out the back, 'in the weeds' were the five from Aveley (the
back 3 eventually rehung as a chime) and the ex-Colchester six, now
at Basildon.

> Seems like yesterday ...
>
> DLC

It does seem like yesterday!   We must be getting old David!

WAH hated breaking up perfectly good rings and often, even though
he'd bought them for scrap, would hang on to them far longer than his
bank manager would have liked in the hope of finding them a home.