[Bell Historians] Bell frame for sale (of no practical use)

Andrew Bull a_m_bull at nZAOJn3KE-9epRcZRuiYRbI2ThkmK2G4TMaUTLbRKn6hMaDCMokzCOZEVTRrmJ2-4Lgc01wnOk9hywDgCw.yahoo.invalid
Sun Mar 16 17:01:29 GMT 2008

So will these “quite a few people” be prepared to teach the locals to ring
on an 18 cwt ring of six, or are they just after somewhere more interesting
for their peals and quarters? Perhaps, then, the best plan would be to weld
the existing tenor (I doubt if the Reverend Doctor has considered this) and
leave them as a five?

I suspect that the ex-Writtle tenor, which I now find was recast by Mears &
Stainbank in 1917, will be somewhat larger in diameter than the existing
Horton tenor, which is 44 ½ inches according to Bliss & Sharp. No doubt
someone will be able to shoehorn a heavy six into the tower, but so far as I
am aware no professional hanger or founder has inspected the tower or
analysed the bells, so I would suspect that the feasibility of the proposed
project is for the moment an matter of pure speculation.

Andrew Bull

  _____