[Bell Historians] Bell frame for sale (of no practical use)

Andrew Bull a_m_bull at LXy6hxFy1OnhZB4i2_OyiPsr9UUZ1_PftVe36OuweeRaPC9lW2iry8R5kKrUmrbGusu_OYPh1zI_3jXW.yahoo.invalid
Sun Mar 16 19:01:14 GMT 2008

Thank you, Matthew, for giving us some definitive information – extremely
useful, and with your permission, Matthew, I will pass your message on to
the Wotton Branch officers. I certainly didn’t know the facts, and nor did
any of the Branch Officers, despite the fact that they had initially been
approached by the church authorities. I have no personal involvement in the
project, other that natural interest; my comments reflected the exasperation
expressed by Branch officers who were doing their best to help at Horton.

I was relieved to discover that the Writtle tenor had been recast in 1916,
and I’m even more pleased to hear from Matthew that it is a bell of good
tone and tuning. Even more good news is that the tower has been assessed as
suitable for such a ring, and that they can go in on one level.

I’m sure that when the communication issues between the Horton Church
authorities and the Wotton Branch officers are resolved, that the Wotton
Branch will support the Horton project wholeheartedly, as it has done in
other restorations within the Branch, e.g. North Nibley.

I still can’t help but have reservations about the size of the restored
ring, and I would beg to point out that Chilcompton have long had a rather
useful local band!

Thanks again, Matthew, for injecting some hard facts into this discussion.

Andrew Bull

  _____