[Bell Historians] Bell frame for sale (of no practical use)

Anne Willis zen16073 at hJk6uKgzRmPFuRLOKp2RWP51KFx-mkNuJ1z0SUmfURs41d8XvuSUgp6gVx5kCOauSTQg_PDLMjE.yahoo.invalid
Tue Mar 18 17:37:16 GMT 2008

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Bickerton, Roderic (SELEX GALILEO, UK)
Sent: 18 March 2008 08:31
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Bell Historians] Bell frame for sale (of no practical use)

I entirely agree. Saundby is a fascinating visit, there could be its
equivalent at several well spaced locations around Uk, and without in
any way criticizing, there are better examples of disused frames than
some in the Saundby collection, presumably because they are not allowed
to be removed from the towers they are a menace to.
Perhaps EH knows of a suitable preserved barn that would house a number.
What better use of a tithe barn, an example of early timber work, than
to house other examples of similarly dated traditional heavy timber
work?
Rod.

Lovely Tithe Barn here in Bradford on Avon but I suspect EH would dislike it
being used for a frame collection.  They refused to let an interesting
collection of farm implements stay there, and as for using it for plays or
barn dances, forget it.  The floor is much too precious.

Anne