FW: Questions on bells

David Bryant davidbryant at DiIg67RU6cTtq-vq09nZPbdGarI0Y4eB-i75m0b1G0I7WiGCCdFgfVgj7I_dVr9d2Jb19P-hepzhe9_sbVn2RsC1yq4.yahoo.invalid
Sun Mar 23 21:40:48 GMT 2008

Can anyone help? For those who get the digest I’ll try to remember to stick
the photos on the web tomorrow.

David

  _____

From: Baldur Baldursson [mailto:dominus at tfM6R6XXNlTNNEfBBxfdJKK_kCMTXyQ5anoScXHu46MrMWD6s5cG2-Jqjwk8zklOepZ0zSjsFI963wG6.yahoo.invalid]
Sent: 21 March 2008 12:51
To: webmaster at gxmmo32bkWWphEAGmw68PknQDiIfjll1w7M2mFeU7z5o6apUJwDiDqPEo4-FK-e55O4Lc81pcWU3aVkoX9eUABdHIdJHdr40.yahoo.invalid
Subject: Questions on bells

Hello!

I write to you whereas I do not know where else to take my question or seek
information.  I saw your site on the internet and thought that I had
probably found someone that was knowledgeable about bells, their history and
origin.

The question concerns a bell found in a basement of a house in Reykjavik,
Iceland.  It´s a relatively small bell and from what I think from a ship. I
attach a photo of it – but I´d really appreciate any help and information
you could provide me that would make it possible for me to connect this bell
to anything.  The bell now belongs to my brother, who bought that house for
over 15 yrs ago. Then the bell was located in the basement. Nobody had any
information about it and no one really wanted to have anything to do with
it. So he kept it. He has asked me to inquire about it ´s history and
possible explanation for why it ended up in Iceland. We think cause of the
crown that is on it, that this bell is English.

The bells measurements are 32cm high and 32cm wide, across at the bottom

With good hopes of solving the “bell mystery” and many thanks,

/Baldur Baldursson