[Bell Historians] Gillett and Johnston

Robert Lewis editor at m-k4aN8cbL2r78qLN089Uaz5T6q4hr79rGH5zwcxE2B-RNE2J1QaQeFkHO5kNeKNc3Ib39GAg8-fcDloanPL80_Hig.yahoo.invalid
Fri Mar 28 09:52:10 GMT 2008

At 08:53 28/03/2008, Mark wrote:
>Please can someone tell me where G&J cast their last complete ring?
>
>And where their last job was (augmentation or rehang etc)?

Ref. Alan Hughes's RW article (4 May 2007, p.481), he says that their
"last job of any significance" was a restoration/augmentation at St.
Mary's, Addington, Surrey in January 1957. An 'informal epitaph' to
that effect was scrawled by the hangers (Ralph Bird & Jack Nicholls)
on the bell  chamber wall.

He also says that G&J ceased bell founding "some years earlier"
(bells then cast at Loughborough) - but no details of the last ring
cast at Croydon.  Alan Buswell would probably know.

RAL