Amusing correspondence

Bill Hibbert bill at deMi7G5yHNlEUkQbVvnxUe2rkHyNWGLqRXldTedTucQaX3eQsGTklTyzxfgTjDDT68LRpcovBDqpx70.yahoo.invalid
Wed May 7 09:07:59 BST 2008

Some while ago, I read a transcript of a letter from a bellfounder or
hanger to a clergyman or other parish official, as part of a dispute
over some work. Unfortunately I can't remember the circumstances or
where I read it. The key phrase I recall goes something like:

"Our representative will be in your area on [date] and proposes to
call. No doubt if he is treated civilly, he will be civil in return."

Has anyone else seen this, and if so can they provide a reference?

Bill H