Canewdon John Waylett bell.

Brian Meldon CanewdonBells at QQ4vcxZIkqwEtiuvU4r8eIQZ2OadLlsow9MtOqHRJKYJX93lvuNCMzPWQMutRmqg3GkB-9DsE9n-7R-zIwFDteYN.yahoo.invalid
Tue May 13 15:49:52 BST 2008

Thanks for all the info. I have read the section on John Waylett in
Joyce Dodds' book 'Hertfordshire Bellfounders' it is available to read
on-line in Google Books. This link may work:

http://books.google.co.uk/books?hl=en&id=MpjYiHNTC10C&dq=Hertfordshire+Bellfounders&printsec=frontcover&source=web&ots=ii8g8W50Of&sig=V-ImXSy3vcnui0CarfNSEqXqp7A#PPR1,M1

There are also recent photos of Paglesham's tenor on-line:

http://www.paglesham.org.uk/church/paglesham_church_gallery.htm

And I though our tower needed a clean! The tower at Paglesham is in
poor condition.

Here is a link to a newspaper clipping about the removal of the other
two Paglesham bells, the inscription band for at least one of these
still exists.

http://www.familyunited.co.uk/modules.php?name=gallery2&g2_itemId=802

I have checked the Essex Record Office at Chelmsford and they do have
the Canewdon churchwarden accounts for 1700-1713. They also have the
churchwarden's bills and expenses as well. Hopefully I will find
something of use in them.

Brian Meldon