FW: Saltaire bells

jill.rogers96 jill-fosrogers at vPB7UktEMMOO-xTFT6jnwD79o_C3FETk3RytJlr9buttqpvOjFUJw_eO260UGeX4cxhqiMj-hVLlRheYXMy0.yahoo.invalid
Sun May 18 00:36:01 BST 2008

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "David Bryant"
<davidbryant at ...> wrote:

> > Nadfas church recorders are having some problems finding out
> > the notes of the saltaire bells.
>
> Are NADFAS records of bells any use? I don't recall having seen any
but
> given that most NADFAS recorders are unlikely to be familiar with
bells I do
> wonder.
>
> David

I hope NADFAS Church recorders make contact with those who have
detailed knowledge of the bells installations that they record.  I am
sure that ringers who are also bell historians have more knowledge
than 'mere' recorders.  Let's hope the two groups can work together
as the church recorders do a very complicated job of which bells are
only a small, but as a ringer myself know, an impostant part, of the
total record.  I am a member of both groups and tried to do the very
best I could, using information that I had access to as a
bellringer.
Jill