[Bell Historians] Netting on Towers

Sue Marsden erincaters at mex708JpH-BELWPZ5Z5nTNKmE69Ejfn4bgeVcuPig58IxONWjNFHSR7KPbt1FFuCiDjDuz9NyMOasfuvo5KE05g.yahoo.invalid
Fri May 23 15:15:32 BST 2008

2008/5/23 Richard Offen <richard.offen at ykCGbOq9RpCNAR8t3bYPyxIhbur4PczO7WMJQ-oYq5Wbia2PvAywdQbB-gNHGmihPa0ROzEvAJe_Syb7B_4AC9yW8dc.yahoo.invalid>:
> Why can't the netting be fix to the inside of the tower windows?   This
> would surely be much easier to fit.

We did this quite easilly as we didn't like the mess they made in the
belfry. Now we have a lot of fed-up homeless pigeons who now sit on
the window ledges. As the main entance to the church is through the
West Tower door the mess has now been transferred to the groud in
front of the door,much to the annoyance of he vicars who tried to get
us to remove it. We haven't so they have tried to scare the pigeons by
putting a fake hawk on the tower. That hasn't worked either, nor did
the anti-vandal paint they tried.

SEM