[Bell Historians] Glastonbury, St. John the Baptist

David Bryant davidbryant at iKEszIQ8-ViqsROWAGUaeTcsyu1jLXp1yRDkUwqZFgUkUoPTtnFMn-XwBWizHPHrDW-WOrtnELKghr1Nno1WJO9PRHw.yahoo.invalid
Mon May 26 10:04:15 BST 2008

They were remodelled. 1,2 and 6 were new, 3,4,5 were the old 1,2,3, 7 was
the old 6 and the tenor was the old tenor from St Saviour's, Bath. The old
Glastonbury tenor went to Australia, and so far as I know the other
redundant Glastonbury bells (4, 5, 7) were scrapped.

David

  _____

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Douglas Davis
Sent: 26 May 2008 10:00
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bell Historians] Glastonbury, St. John the Baptist

I wonder if anyone can just confirm something for me.

I'm going through my old ringing records, and when I rung at Glastonbury St.
John back in 1991 I had the tenor listed as 26cwt.  I now see that the tenor
is only 14cwt, but the treble and 2nd were recast in 1992.  Has the tenor
been replaced, or have they always been 14cwt and I've just got the details
incorrect in my records?

Thanks,

Doug.

Checked by AVG.