ringing rooms of the mid-18th century?

jimhedgcock jameshedgcock at gmvMGwv2aTPoqwNdDd2CnTtAnijl45Q4F-3i-uk24e-UG51N4GV2Dqy-tzSsUUI62XVney-v2AYodtOXoY4fsIw.yahoo.invalid
Fri May 30 15:30:34 BST 2008

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, Laura Dickerson <lauradi at ...>
wrote:

>      The
> whole church is a regular stop for visitors interested in events in
the
> history of our revolution, but additionally, Paul Revere was one of
the
> ringers when he was a teenager, so there are special tours that come
up
> to the ringing room.

A few years ago my wife and I joined one of these tours. The elderly
male guide, a ringer, informed us all that the bells were very special
and had been made in,  and had come all the way from Whitechapel in
England. I didn't have the heart to correct him.
We didn't contact the Boston ringers because we were on a bus tour that
was in Boston at non ringing times. But Laura, thanks again for the
hospitality in your home in 1986