[Bell Historians] SS Mary & Ann, Cork.

Peter Whisker peter at ScYhgzL4DO-gkBzRahx7cpPhXDZIuCC0EQxlKak9szcNg9oHjseHtbV93qwShowEwATcC9NeD8TUNdCevw.yahoo.invalid
Mon Nov 3 16:32:41 GMT 2008

There is certainly a good view from the top having done the climb a few
years ago. It's a pity that the tower is not sufficiently stable to
allow full circle ringing.

There used to be a hospital next door to St. Ann's Shandon , and I think
that the noise of the bells was said to make the patients shake in their
beds. A 27cwt tenor outside your window must have been enough to wake
the dead!

St. Finbarre's Cathedral is also worth a visit - they have recently
augmented from 8 to 12. The organ is buried in the floor so as not to
obstruct a stained glass window.

Regards
Peter