[Bell Historians] SS Mary & Ann, Cork.

jimhedgcock jameshedgcock at vlC0-pGELqgtuW5X0_H6l72-3LXqXw6st3x9Ufz8XhxQN2OLQIjwF-lqmMkFikDQ3vvgLI6EJGyLnKNsDMA_mlM.yahoo.invalid
Mon Nov 3 16:43:44 GMT 2008

> There used to be a hospital next door to St. Ann's Shandon , and I
think
> that the noise of the bells was said to make the patients shake in
their
> beds.

Whilst on holiday in Jordan my wife and I did not mention our
bellringing hobby because similar sentiments were being expressed by
two of our fellow travellers concerning a 59cwt twelve that had been
ringing for four hours!!