[Bell Historians] Ludlow

David Bryant David.Bryant at izuNI9juzCbznM76Wy3f-Bo0OmyB1o5nRyzzJsgnvMrj2VVkEhTqwvEjCJ2wQjRtgR0aJDBHOlQNvKj7n_0.yahoo.invalid
Mon Nov 24 15:24:49 GMT 2008

"Not Quedgley, or a tenor, but our Rudhall bells at Holy Trinity,
Bradford,
have a wonderful hum; to hear them coming down is stunning; the nearest
equivalent is an orchestra of cellos. Bells by the Purdue family, John
Wallis and the Bilbies (Rode coming down is wonderful too) also have a
good
hum, (happy bells according to my daughter). Is it perhaps a
characteristic
of founders who might have a Bristol association?"

There are some very good bells by the Billbies and (especially) the
Rudhalls, but equally I can think of some pretty dire ones. In
particular, the Cullompton branch of the Bilbie family, and the last
Rudhall (John) are not noted as casting decent-sounding bells.