[Bell Historians] Re: Bell diameters

Alan Buswell aaj.buswell at YJvOK-Cz4uVdc977AA9l-RNaErIxYSmZ_xw9B-c7keVQ1Zqk4LD45L6EvE-q65rHOzJWbb-0ho6NYyKTCEVs4A.yahoo.invalid
Thu Oct 2 09:34:33 BST 2008

One would have to go public and send out a general request for the info on G&J tower notices. Are they usually more than the weights given in the Tuning Books? Is this one of Cyril's wheeler dealings whereby he says the bell is heavier than despatched/cast and so gets paid more? Are there estimate that can prove this?
AAJB
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Nick Bowden
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2008 12:34 PM
  Subject: [Bell Historians] Re: Bell diameters

  Congresbury. Also, all 8 at St Thomas, Bristol were weighed recently in the
  tower by Paul Mason of HMA.

  What I would query though is relying on G&J notice boards in towers for
  accuratelty recorded weights, as these often conflict with the tuning books.
  Perhaps a genuine reconcilliation will be achieved one day. Any offers?

  Nick