Riverside bass bell

George Dawson george at HqtvTjM8MHy9R8DC9X6TMBIW50cpTRxyZHRgWxllg8EIq-RfUfUoFOiHyBg6UJg6tv5YfPLyZzJv__5m-GdX_WwVeJg.yahoo.invalid
Thu Oct 9 09:30:34 BST 2008

At the time they said 36 250 Kg, which is clearly an approximation.

Regards

George

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Richard Offen
Sent: 09 October 2008 08:42
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Bell Historians] Riverside bass bell

The largest swinging bell in the world is now claimed to be at Gotenba in
Japan.   At around 36 tons, I believe it was cast in 2006 by Eijsbouts, but,
interestingly, their web site makes no mention of it.   As far as I am aware
the Riverside bourdon is still the largest tuned bell in the world .unless
someone else knows different.

Richard

  _____