Minsters

John H Allen john at jQqhWU46sn7ETRDu0-pHP0oU7M60CKIrYXi-1hVlP8DP0no4WpVYMwcg5pdgDI9AXR1SH_io8oHg.yahoo.invalid
Fri Oct 10 21:20:48 BST 2008

Diocesan Bishops now have the power to designate any church as a minister.
Stoke on Trent St. Peter is now a Minister. The Diocese of Lichfield is
divided into 3 Episcopal areas and the designation of Stoke as a Minister is
perhaps to give some from of recognition to that Area.  In my view it is a
sop to locals who feel neglected with the Mother church some 30 miles away.

I agree with David that the physical isolation of Doncaster St. George in
the town centre makes it a very odd choice for a Minster.

John