Fw: service for the raising of a bell

philholtsdgr pippolucas23 at QYadOfHF6w3bwXJ95kWOqxEYs5k40562imksmTgHv9ZYrP8caBm7hhJotzg0_9ciijDGFjbofpFHLQ.yahoo.invalid
Mon Oct 13 17:43:19 BST 2008

The Salisbury Guild certainly has prayers for the re-dedication of
bells in our service book. I am sure that if Robin Peirce would like
to contact either our Guild Secretary Anthony Lovell-Wood, or our PRO
Ivan Andrews (who is a lay-preacher) they would be more than happy to
help. The web address is http://www.sdgr.org.uk.
               Phil Lucas
--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Peter G Davies"

> Anybody know the answer to this query or can make a suggestion?
>
> Peter Davies

guidance on a service for the raising of a church bell.
> I wonder if you will be able to help me?
> Our church of St Stephen's in Marton, New Zealand is one of two
churches built in the early 1900s still with their
> free standing bell towers.  Our bell tower has spent most of this
year in two pieces in order to have untreated wood
> inserted and repairs made, while the bell has been in storage.  The
time is now approaching when the top half will
> be lifted by crane and the whole structure reinforced;  then the
bell will be re-hung.
> I am sure there must be a service or some kind of celebration for
the raising of a bell.  I should be most grateful for