[Bell Historians] Which are the top 10 bell & /or bellhanging related books?

Anne Willis zen16073 at mlbtfl7q8lGd94hjH6w6GDolAK2DS8jUOLl1BSJHbSUV5R-sOqSvinaXVkZs6lwzuODPqEmd514.yahoo.invalid
Tue Sep 2 19:15:32 BST 2008

Subject: [Bell Historians] Which are the top 10 bell & /or bellhanging
related books?

Bell books vary - often my opinion on their quality is based on whether I
have link to the location etc.

Who is able to provide their top 10 regarding bells & bell hanging etc. with
reasons? I suggest the top 10 must be limited to books which were printed &
could in theory be purchased.

Regards

Ken

Here are some of my favourites/most used in no particular order.  Sorry I
can't give full titles for some, but they are still packed in boxes.

Anne

Lukis 		On Church Bells
Walters		Church Bells of Wiltshire
Dalton		Bells and Belfries of Dorset
Tom Ingram		Bells in England
Ron Johnston	Bell-ringing: the English art of change ringing
Ernest Morris	History and Art of Change Ringing
Nine Tailors	Dorothy L. Sayers	All towers should have a copy!
Trevor Jennings	Bell fittings

Also
Jasper Snowdon Diagrams
Doubles and Minor for beginners	CCCBR publication.  Wonderful book.  Not
only tells you what to do at a bob/single, but also what to do afterwards!
Follow on book	Pam Copson	 good for doubles variations