[Bell Historians] Which are the top 10 bell & /or bellhanging related books?

Richard Offen richard.offen at PL6vGWN0HiOvyFAudqTV1oeXMp7-gmaLFpbUCqE_6X3J83Q3lyn600QbI7laZbOjWPG3BlxsKq3M0g1jzcxFWdroDw.yahoo.invalid
Thu Sep 4 00:12:20 BST 2008

1. A.H. Cocks "Buckinghamshire" - surely the very best of the early county
books (rather more thorough and better researched than Essex in my view),
and ahead of its time in presentation of inscriptions, inclusion of
documentary material and coverage of old frames and fittings

2. J.R. Nichols "Bells thro' the ages" - a rather better general work than
Walters "Church Bells of England", largely because Nichols was a ringer and
understood ringers and ringing, and also appreciated the technical aspects
of the craft better than HBW

3. Bryan McGahey's "Peace and Good Neighbourhood" about St Luke's, Liverpool
- a model of its kind, and one of the very best "single tower" histories

These would definitely be in my top ten.

7:15 AM