own church with bells

khsbelring at 1k8ay1yzhlsa4euVigbDDRRJln3B3GtvebEmBCf5xUhFQeqkAbBMOZUU-1kEIyYziDeSUpNKb7E.yahoo.invalid khsbelring at 1k8ay1yzhlsa4euVigbDDRRJln3B3GtvebEmBCf5xUhFQeqkAbBMOZUU-1kEIyYziDeSUpNKb7E.yahoo.invalid
Fri Sep 19 13:12:55 BST 2008

If anyone is at all interested the Church of St. James at Newton  Hall in
Northumberland close to Corbridge is being disposed of by the  Diocese of
Newcastle.

I will post more details when an indicative price is published.

The ring of six bells were cast in 1873 by John Warner & Sons having a  tenor
of app. 12cwt.

At this moment in time it is not possible to ring the treble due to a
problem with the bearings. The other five bells are perfectly ringable ( a 1/4  was
rung on them a month ago ) but the wheels are mostly in a poor  condition.

Do not fret that the bells might be lost as I have a verbal understanding
that special terms may be applied with some sort of restrictive covenant so that
 if the new owner does not want them they will be saved as a ring of bells
seperately from the sale of the Church building.

Anyone wishing for further information may contact me privately if  they wish.

Howard E. J. Smith    -    bell  advisor for the Diocese of Newcastle.