Bell diameters

Bickerton, Roderic (SELEX GALILEO, UK) Roderic.Bickerton at Yix83yaRUIxD4wGqnjRuTiZvP5y67bCTVxa_2Xs3hJWxQqwaqMPYOvG8Zjdq-4WJWcLgBLi28JgvPXgOifj-E-pPpfzbp5UtsA.yahoo.invalid
Tue Sep 30 17:33:15 BST 2008

 The latest Dove policy, regarding PNBR:

"Our software has now been re-designed in such a way as to ignore,
automatically, changes in diameter of less than 1.5%"

I submit this is appallingly crude, not acceptable.

It represents about 3/4" of an inch on a 24cwt bell.

It is about 3 times to lax, 0.5% is not exactly difficult to achieve,

for a well made and undamaged bell.

Why corrupt or refuse good data just to avoid having to comment bells
which due to poor casting or skirting produce excess variation depending
on where they are measured?

Its seriously unjustifiable, in comparison to the tiny changes of weight
or pitch accepted, being equivalent to about 1cwt on a 24cwt bell.

SELEX Sensors and Airborne Systems Limited
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14 3EL
A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132