[Bell Historians] Pre-Reformation bells of Lichfield Cathedral

Richard Smith richard at UA5rJ80tCsHMxLLoge4in1bR0T26wiJhq7GQOSWeqVTiy2mB9KSuM67RVLBQ1Fs5jqgZX3UOxPRszqx6YA.yahoo.invalid
Fri Apr 10 09:44:26 BST 2009

John H Allen wrote:

> The link to the bells section of our cathedral web site.

> http://lichfield-cathedral.org/life-and-work/groups/77/314

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I don't think the
cathedral website says anything that the VCH paragraph I
quoted didn't mention: namely that in 1553 there were 12
bells distributed around the towers.  Is anything further
known about them?  Their weights or founders, for example?
Or how many in which towers?

Thanks,
Richard