First World War memorial bells

kclayton at 2Pq6x5aRZZSwDqYTm2HEeH3o3aN1hLXuwHtYOHy-47-i4i9383vuKoPscm4RvPjIjw45gZsOZ76863ZREQ.yahoo.invalid kclayton at 2Pq6x5aRZZSwDqYTm2HEeH3o3aN1hLXuwHtYOHy-47-i4i9383vuKoPscm4RvPjIjw45gZsOZ76863ZREQ.yahoo.invalid
Sun Aug 2 12:19:14 BST 2009

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Mark Walker" <mark at ...> wrote:

> Does anyone on the list happen to know of any rings of bells that were
cast as a First World War memorial? There has been talk in my area of
ringing a quarter or peal for Henry Allingham and Harry Patch and
ringing something on a WWI memorial ring seems appropriate.

> With thanks,
> Mark

At Broughty Ferry, near Dundee, we have 9 Gillett and Johnson bells.
Tuned in August 1920 and installed in Memory of a Brigadier killed in
WW1. I just need to do a bit more research on this. The bells  have just
been refurbished and made to ring electronically.

Will we be able to join in?

Kevin Clayton