[Bell Historians] FW: Can you help me to identify a bell [5 Attachments]

Anne Willis zen16073 at 52SO1F-yeHseiAXRvtq7LOkMqd96v1u022JkexURAewZ2rGKok0w1fRLErhNgSznDMEY0tZJYthQGQ.yahoo.invalid
Tue Aug 25 16:19:08 BST 2009

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of David Bryant
Sent: 25 August 2009 16:07
To: Bell Historians
Subject: [Bell Historians] FW: Can you help me to identify a bell

I wonder if they are horse bells.  I have a booklet on the subject published
by The National Horse Brass Society which refers to 'The Woodlanders' by
Thomas Hardy and 'Bleak House' by Charles Dickens for descriptions of bells
on horse harness, which provided a warning system so two carts did not meet
in a narrow lane.  I suppose they could have been used for oxen too.

Anne