[Bell Historians] Lincoln College

Brian Meldon CanewdonBells at D1Ol0pWvX3sIguZ68aRJEMeDE2RjplU4oLKYwV4jZXfwnghz9aWokRmAWd3wW4SsdcyOhAWUdiA7DKn5T4ByGMEQoZQ.yahoo.invalid
Tue Dec 1 09:09:09 GMT 2009

Hi Anne

So far I have the following information about Rev. John Eccles:

Ordination as Deacon at Christchurch Oxford	 22/05/1785
BA Oxford 03/06/1787 (Fellow of Lincoln College)
Ordination as priest at Christchurch Oxford 03/06/1787

The Athenaeum 1807:
'At Streatley [Berkshire], aged 45, the Rev. John Eccles, B.D. senior Fellow of Lincoln College, Oxford, whose open manners, generous disposition, and friendly kindness, will leave a lasting regret upon the minds of all with whom he was acquqnted.'

The Gentleman's magazine, Volume 101 (1807), Obituary:
` Rev. John Eccles, fub-rector, fenior fellow and tutor of Lincoln coilege.'
(Obviously replace the leading F's with S's as is normal.)

I know there is a Rev. John Eccles on the 1770 Matthew Bagley 4th at Stoke Bruerne. In North's CBO Northampton he states:
`The Rev. John Eccles was instituted 15th October. 1759: he was
buried here 26th December, 1789` But this is too early to be the same individual.

There is also a Rev. John Eccles listed in the 1802 Catholic Register of Baptisms at Danby upon Yure, parish of Thornton Steward, Yorkshire.

Brian Meldon