[Bell Historians] Lincoln College

John H Allen john at OOlR6N1KE_Z86J8rYYUYkSD6LuIFejJlfvLpzMaIGqPCrVQrWHYOXU6CVD_lsdOSGRWys6eMlvFaoDLTKG8.yahoo.invalid
Wed Dec 2 10:03:14 GMT 2009

This is the current ecclesiastical law, which may enshrine earlier Canon
Law:-

Canon F8 of the Church of England states that "every church shall be
provided with at least one bell

to ring the people to service".

Control of the ringing of church bells belongs jointly to the incumbent and
the churchwardens with

the qualification that no bell should be rung contrary to the incumbent's
direction.

  _____