[Bell Historians] FW: HAVE a bell from the 1700s (selling)would like to know the history

David Bryant davidbryant at At_WPCIYxMBv3IG1uwTYuTMhAa2eWHydbYABhPZIgFYeVB0TM2V2EKcBN8ZOssSo_weYMaEt-qjTcbm3bSmWCQ.yahoo.invalid
Tue Dec 8 13:35:20 GMT 2009

"I wonder how the myth about silver in bells arose?  I know when the 12 at Trowbridge were cast a silver coin was put in the pot, but there must be minute amounts in each bell."

Wouldn't it evaporate before it even got poured into the mould?