[Bell Historians] FW: HAVE a bell from the 1700s (selling)would like to know the history [5 Attachments]

Anne Willis zen16073 at qVJCnrwAEWpNZhuHTklFFfv4mYYkqw1590YvG3y8V5vInV4WEEmTdMP-qccl2LNZP9JDi_ovLQ8bNkg.yahoo.invalid
Tue Dec 8 13:01:38 GMT 2009

A Dame Olive Stapleton was very much the Lady of the Manor at Lacock,
Wiltshire in the 1620's/30's.  Perhaps Dame Francis was married to a
descendent.  I will investigate.

I wonder how the myth about silver in bells arose?  I know when the 12 at
Trowbridge were cast a silver coin was put in the pot, but there must be
minute amounts in each bell.

Anne

  _____